Gastroenterologists specialize in the evaluation and treatment of diseases of the intestinal tract, including the esophagus; stomach; small and large intestines; gallbladder and bile ducts, liver, and pancreas.
Shannon Clinic’s three gastroenterologists have more than 40 years experience treating patients in the Concho Valley.
Shannon’s Gastroenterology (GI) department accepts referrals from all providers.
Drs. Coates, Hubble and Stokes’ office location:
Shannon Clinic Southwest
4450 Sunset Drive
After a consultation with a gastroenterologist, the proper examinations are scheduled at the GI lab. The Shannon GI lab is equipped with qualified health care professionals and offers a variety of tests to provide full-service diagnostic and therapeutic studies to patients in Tom Green County and the surrounding area.
Procedures performed at the GI lab include:
- Bravo pH monitoring
- Capsule endoscopy
- Colonoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Diagnostic imaging exams
- EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy—diagnostic and therapeutic). During this exam, a small camera (flexible endoscope) is inserted down the throat. The lining of the esophagus, stomach and upper duodenum is examined.
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram—with or without sphincterotomy, diagnostic and therapeutic). The combined use of an endoscope and x-ray images examine the tubes that drain the liver, gallbladder and pancreas during this exam.
- Esophageal manometry
- Small bowel enteroscopy (Examination of the small intestine with an endoscope).
- MRCP (magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography). This special type of MRI exam produces detailed images of the hepatobiliary and pancreatic systems, including the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas and pancreatic duct.
For more information, please contact Dara Jones, GI lab unit manager, at 325.657.5733.