The Shannon Rehabilitation Center is an inpatient program dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities attain optimal independence. Our Center provides patients with simulated real-life environments where they perform daily activities such as navigating the kitchen and bathroom and getting into and out of a car.
Medical Director, Dr. Chris Vanderzant, leads an interdisciplinary team in the development of a comprehensive rehabilitation program. The rehabilitation team includes:
- 24-hour Rehabilitation Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Case Management, Social Work & Psychology
Patients and their family members are actively involved in establishing goals, participating in therapy and planning for life after discharge.
Conditions we treat
- Brain Injury
- Fractured Hips and Femurs
- Poly Arthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Degenerative & Progressive Neurological Disorders such as Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis
- Multiple Trauma
- Other debilitating conditions resulting in loss of independence in self-care and mobility
This program does not currently serve persons who are ventilator-dependent, comatose or have burn management needs. Persons under age 17 are reviewed on a case-by-case.
A referral to the Rehabilitation Center may be made by a physician, insurance provider, family member, patient or other concerned party. Preadmission evaluations are provided at no charge to determine a patient’s eligibility for admission to the program.
For information or to make a referral please call:
Tours are available upon request